Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

New designs and the market idea

Things are starting to move at a nice pace here in the piktoland factory (also known as my little workshop ^_^).

I’ve started listing items in our Etsy shop, creating new products and designing new lines.

I’m also getting ready to hit the local markets.
I’ve done the markets before, with another project, and I have mix feelings about it.
 You really need to have the right product and find the suitable venue, otherwise it can be just a waste of time and money.

But I also think it’s not just about sales, there’s the promotional factor to consider.
Getting your online shop going and successful just by listing product on Etsy (or Flosky, or any other online shop) doesn’t seem to work. Not for me at least.


I do get lots of views from twitter, but as most people there are sellers like myself, I doubt that the views will translate into sales.

So, I really need to find another, better way to get my products out there, to spread the word about piktoland.

Having a stall to a craft market is a good way to get feedback about your product and your brand. You can see right away what sells and what not. You can have the best product online, but if people don’t see it and you don’t get any kind of feedback, it’s very easy to get discouraged and thinking that you are doing wrong. By interacting directly with the public you can find what is your target market and what they are looking for.

I’m more and more convinced that’s the step to take at this moment. So it’s just a matter of deciding which is better for my product, stocking up with enough items to nicely fill the stall, dress it to impress and go!

The choice is between Camden Lock, the Old Spitalfield Market and the Greenwich one. As I’ve already done Camden and Spitalfield and know how they work I might start with those and see how it goes.

Ok, enough chatting now, resuming production with a clear goal in mind.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. I love your bubbling enthusiasm about what you do Tania, and with your passion about what you do, I know you will be successful! I love your work and wish you all the best both in your online shop and the markets.
    By the way, you might be interested to know how I found you - I saw a comment from you on one of my friend's walls on Facebook, and clicked on you! Glad I did! Barbara Taylor (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your lovely comment Barbara (that I've just seen now! :p) it really means a lot to me.
    All the best to you!
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete